About this Show

The Five

News/Business. (2013)

NETWORK

DURATION
01:01:00

RATING

SCANNED IN
San Francisco, CA, USA

SOURCE
Comcast Cable

TUNER
Channel v760

VIDEO CODEC
mpeg2video

AUDIO CODEC
ac3

PIXEL WIDTH
1280

PIXEL HEIGHT
720

TOPIC FREQUENCY

Dana 8, Biden 6, America 5, Obama 4, Los Angeles 4, Obama Care 3, Jon Huntsman 3, Joe Biden 3, Greg 3, Chris Christie 2, Jimmy Carter 2, Jonathan Martin 2, Clinton 2, Romney 2, Colorado 2, Australia 2, New Jersey 2, New York City 2, Jay Carney 2, Max Baucus 2,
Borrow a DVD
of this show
  FOX News    The Five    News/Business.  (2013)  

    November 2, 2013
    1:00 - 2:01am PDT  

1:00am
hello, everyone. i'm andrea tantaros. it's 5:00 in new york city and this is "the five." billions of americans are visiting healthcare.gov, which is great news. unfortunately, the site was only designed to handle six users at a time. >> who would have guessed that "saturday night live" was so prophetic? they were right on the mark. >> the website launched on tuesday. publicly, the government said there were 4.7 million unique visits in the first 24 hours. but at a meeting wednesday morning, the war room notes say
1:01am
six enrollments have occurred so far. >> six enrollees out of 4.7 million visits. that's an impressive hit rate of 0.000001%. these embarrassing results might excl claplain why the white houd all along they don't have the numbers. >> no, we don't have that data. we're not going to have that data on an hourly basis. >> i don't have the numbers. >> how many have signed up thus far? >> fully enrolled? i can't tell you because i don't know. >> okay, greg, they still don't know and they aren't projected to know any time soon. >> yes, six people. there are more bodies in beckle's bed right now than that. >> ew. >> the upside, the only number piers morgan beats in the demo. thought i'd get a piers morgan jab in. no, it's incredible. it's amazing. it's almost as though you can't be this incompetent by accident.
1:02am
it's like there's a secret olympic event among bureaucrats to see how bad they can be. this is like incredible. it's almost like inspiring how awful they are. >> how could this happen? you look back at president obama. the first digital president. how well he ran his campaign. do you think david axelrod would have let only six people per day donate to obama's re-election? i doubt that. >> or if they would have admitted it. when gur governing, it's different. if the president wants an answer to something like how many people enrolled in obama care, that's an answer the president could get. if they wanted to. the number is obviously low. i'd love to imagine the scene of what it would be like to go in on wednesday morning in the oval office for the meeting with the president and have to have to him only six people signed up
1:03am
for obama care. that would have been a very embarrassing moment. >> by the way, if you have six per day in order to get to the 7 million you need, it's 28,417 years. no wonder they're holding back the number. even if the number's 6,000 when they finally release them, it doesn't matter. the system can't -- it will never be where they needed to be in march. they have to, right now, probably should do it sooner rather than later, say, we're going to delay this. delay the individual mandate or delay being penalized for not having insurance. >> one, they're going to have to do one of the two. what do you think they'll do, if anything? how do you think the white house is going to message not just the continued decline in enrollment? what about the people who are losing their health care? how are they going to continue to spin this as the numbers grow? >> i hate to get into the midst of this tangle on the grave of
1:04am
obama care, but i don't think there's anything so shocking. >> you like this? >> i don't like people losing their health care. >> i'm just telling you, this business about there are only six enrollees? the whole rollout was botched. the computer's not working so well. you get 4 million people? >> why don't they just admit it? why do they lie? >> guess what, politics. they felt it was embarrassing. this is premature dancing on the grave. >> they have six enrollees day one. they had three years to get this up and running. forget one-sixth of the economy. it's going to handle our health insurance. our health care. >> now we come to the real story. >> you don't want it at all. >> as successful as the dmv, the post office, amtrak have been, that's what we're going to end up with, with obama care. >> here's your argument. i'm play eric bolling. he says, government's too big.
1:05am
too many people on entitlements. let me play mitt romney. they're terrible people. a bunch of bums. that's what this is about. >> i know you're in a tough position. >> what position? >> you're in a tough position. >> i'm just telling the truth. most americans want obama care to work. they think republicans should stop erasing the guy. >> wait a minute, arguably -- >> why should we stop harassing the white house? they were intentional deceitful with premiums not going up. now why shouldn't we be able to give the white house a hard time? >> absolutely. especially when you're right. democratic senator max baucus compared obama care to humpty dumpty. it's more like a humpty dump. the best argument to big government is big government. that's why it's important that
1:06am
you can't just talk about the website. part of this mountain of misery with obama care. the cancellations. the sticker shock. the epemployer mandate. the only thing that worked was obama's golf swing. once the website gets fixed, the media's going to say, everything's fine. that's where the republicans have to start saying, no, it's not just about the website. the website was 1 of 17 problems. >> hold on, you brought up max baucus. can i play max actually doing that nursery rhyme? hit it, max. >> let's just see how much this can be put together. how much humpty dumpty can be fixed in the next month. if it looks like humpty dumpty's not getting back together, maybe we should start thinking about delaying the penalties. >> what was it, all the king's horses and all the king's men? >> and all the liberals couldn't put d.c. back together again. >> as soon as they fix the
1:07am
website, it's a -- >> i haven't, it's kind of shoes. >> the other shoe drops. we realize 90% of the people logging on, who l enrolling, are enrolling for medicaid, not obama care. when they realize, it's taking money out the system, not putting it in. enrolling it in obama care is putting money in the system. 95% are going to be taking out one. this thing is doomed for failure. >> i'm glad you feel that way. let me just say, in fact, those people are eligible. they could have signed on any time to medicaid. >> right. >> but the reason they signed on now is because of the higher profile and the promise that obama care gives to americans of all stripes and says, you know what, people should have -- >> can i just clarify why they're signing up -- here's why. you go to the website. you can either sign up for medicaid or enroll in obama care and pay out of my own pocket and hope the government pays me back. subsidizes it through my taxes. i'm going to let you pay for it
1:08am
because i'm guaranteed to get it this way. >> but what if they do take away the requirement -- >> you're either eligible or not eligible. >> they took away the requirement to have a child. that's how you used to be eligible for medicaid. now anyone can get it. that's why in states that you're eligible that took that medicaid money, millions are going to be enrolling and we're on the hook. jay carney took the podium. he also said the reason for all of this, the reason for six enrollees, is solely because of the website. here's carney. >> let me just tell you now, november 1st. we don't expect those numbers to be very high. we never did. they're going to be even lower because of the challenges we had with the website. >> that's interesting. then he says they never did know that because earlier in the week, the answer was the president had no idea that the website was not going to work. so they constantly try to have it both ways and that's annoying. i am surprised the experts seemed so surprised about consumer behavior. if you can't get on to the
1:09am
website you're not going to be able to shop around. that's not working. plus, when you go on, if you decide, juan, if you choose to lo look at the subsidies, you could get a generous subsidy, however, consumer behavior is one of, i don't want the hassle, i'm just going to sign up for medicaid. it might be a less generous subsidy, but that's what people do. once you get on medicaid, which is substandard, it is not a good enough health care system for what i want for people in america. once you get on medicaid, you think they're going to change? they're going to switch back and go on obama care and start paying a premium and deductible? i doubt that they will. that's -- to me, that means health care gets worse in america, it doesn't get better. >> and more costly to federal budgets and state budgets. >> the weird thing too is the firm that has been hired to repair the site is the firm that was hired to rebuild the site. that's like hiring the captain of the con sta concordia to rescue the shipwrecked passen r
1:10am
passengers. when will the media apologize to the tea party who were the very first people on the spot to call this a nightmare years ago? they've been mocked for the last i don't know how many years for basically saying, look, this thick is a boondoggle. they were mocked by everybody in the media. >> wait a minute, wait. let me just get this straight. let me get this straight. get out here. let me get this straight. you mean i hear from dana, dana says, you know what, i want a health care system that works for more americans. i think dana makes a legitimate point. why i don't register for medica medicaid. you're going to get bender obam. then i hear, we don't want anything. we don't want anything from you, greg. >> you're probably right. i'm a free market guy. i don't like any government intrusion at all. when i look at all the areas where cost has intruded, it's
1:11am
been an being an jeabject failu. i like the free market. >> the military, social security, medicare, terrible. >> medicare is terrible. social security -- >> oh, social security is terrible? >> yes, it's going bankrupt. >> call your mother right now, gregory. >> i will. >> eric -- >> you hate social security? the only mama in america that hates social security. >> but it's going bankrupt. after the military, you brought up the military. >> everything stinks. >> the military's run separately from this horrid bureaucracy. >> they have standards. and the achievement is measured in the military. if you're not good in the military, you're out. you fail in government, you stay in it and go up. >> can we quickly have a "you know it's bad when" moment before we go? you know it's bad when former president jimmy carter criticizes you.
1:12am
listen. oh, his major accomplishment was obama care and the implementation of it now is questionable at best. eric, what do you say when jimmy carter is criticizing? >> i don't care. i don't care about jimmy carter. i care about what juan just said. we don't want a system. right. we have the perfect system. here it is. what we had in place before obama care. allowed people to buy -- you want health care exchanges? knock yourself out. allow someone in colorado to buy health care from a company in new jersey who wants to offer it at a more cop pettive price. we drop those borders, drop those regulations, and you have the system you had before with prices going down. >> i'm all for the exchanges. you said exchanges, right? >> with free market. >> i'm telling you, guess what, first the republicans in the congress say, have the states in charge of the exchanges. the republican governmeors sea, we're not doing it. >> aetna of new jersey has the
1:13am
lowest price. you can't buy did in colorado or -- that's the problem. >> they want consumer protections. they don't want one company to dominate all over the country. they will be a race to the bottom. i'm serious. >> dana, quickly, do you think the white house is going to have to make changes or change something besides the website? >> probably, but i think when they do, the media will just let it blow by. i think carter's criticism was actually very mild. and, you know, he was trying to be kind. he was just stating the facts. what he said was nothing the white house hasn't said about his own program. >> i have to say, for as important as you think education is in america and for as screwed up you think what they have done to education policy across the board, why do you think the same thing is going to happen in health care? >> i'm a cynic. when i look at the insurance
1:14am
company, i say, oh, my gosh, look at all the people who don't have insurance and adequate insurance. >> who is more insidious, the unions or the insurance company? >> the unions are insidious. they've been hurting the quality of education. what the insurance companies are doing, it's a-okay? come on, you know, dana. >> are you sure obama care, is it really like a jackass stunt and obama's being played by johnny knoxville? >> i wish. we got to go. next on "the five," did biden almost get knocked off the president's ticket for hillary? before we go, check out our facebook page.
1:15am
1:16am
1:17am
1:18am
joshua, we've got to talk
1:19am
about the song choice. lots talk about revelation, in a new book on the 2012 election. it's called "double down." from the same guys who wrote "game changer." one of the hits was the campaign debated replacing biden with hillary clinton. tweeting last night, it wasn't even in consideration. and jay carney said this today -- >> i know for a fact that president obama never considered this. never thought about it. never entertained it. >> but obama's chief of staff during the election said a swap was considered. here's bill daly. >> it was looked at but it was never seriously looked at in a sense that there was a belief that it ought to be done. 2011, as you remember, it was a very difficult political year. my sense was, we ought to look at everything here. >> i wonder if bill daley took a look at any of these clips of joe biden's greatest hits.
1:20am
>> three heard word, jobs, j-o-b-s, jobs. >> this is a big [ bleep ] deal. >> god rest her soul -- wait, your mom's still alive. your dad passed. >> i promise you, the president has a big stick. i promise you. >> i love joe biden. not unusual for a president re-election campaign. there's always these rumors. you think there's any truth to this, any serious consideration? >> no, i think the story would have leaked a lot bigger. i do believe bill daley's right, that someone like bill daly might have thought, we're not doing so well. they were not doing well. bill daily probably thought, who can we get, and guess what, we know somebody who's very popular with women and independents. her nape's hillary clinton. >> do you think hillary would
1:21am
have considered it? do you think she would have wanted to say no and go for a run herself? >> probably would not have wanted to be the vice president, i would think. if you talk to ed klein, who's fascinating, great book, he talks about the behind the scenes relationship between the clintons and the obamas. i think daily has the best scenario. it was a rough situation. the reason why, i think it was considered was because the same way they consider her to be the secretary of state. one of these things in the book that they say is if there was concern in the white house about joe biden and his political aspirations. i think there is deep concern today in the white house, not just about what biden will do and say, but what hillary will do and say, when they will decide to run. >> did you have a look at any of this today? >> it wasn't hillary clinton.
1:22am
it was hilary duff. >> hillary. >> how do we know biden hasn't been replaced? has anyone seen him? i think he made my sandwich at quizno's. i guess the book -- there's so many things about this book that bugs me. it underlines how much the media has been willing to overlook. the media covers every flaw. when you're writing a book and big stuff happens that could change the world, aren't you obliged to kind of -- this will be great for my book. well, maybe it would be great for the country if you reported it first. >> yes. you know, that was a problem for bob woodward at the "washington post," people were saying, why are you saving it for your book, you work here. >> bill daily says they thought about it. he was gaffe prone. >> you're being kind to him?
1:23am
he still is gaffe prone. what are you talking about? >> okay, so he still is. they talked about it and said let's keep him. it will look weak. >> i think president obama has thought that vice president biden has been a very good vice president. there was another vice presidential story that comes out of this book and it's about somebody who is possibly relevant in 2016, has an election next week. that's chris christie, the governor of new jersey. in this book the questions were raised of whether or not the rodnrod romney campaign got scared off. they where concerned about his weight and his health and his fitness. if it's true, this book says chris christie didn't want republicans, mitt romney, mainly, campaigning in his home state of new jersey, which i thought was very strange and not a good sign to party insiders. >> that's nothing that i heard before. >> right. also, this name game that they played, this fish name game, where they had nick nape names
1:24am
each of the contenders. i think it makes christie's advisers look really childish. i mean romney's i should say. >> i'm calling bs on this book. they were, they were this far from reality on "game change." if you listen to sarah palin and what not, they were terrible, it wasn't accurate. there's nothing here. why are we listening to holman and -- >> halperin. >> i think they're trying to sell a few books, get on "morning joe" and pat themselves on the back. >> what is "morning joe," something in the morning? is it about coffee? oh, okay, that's interesting. in college, it was sex act actually. if you want to figure out who leaked the information for a book, this is such an easy thing, find out in the leak who is described well. dan pfeiffer is described as whip smart in the book.
1:25am
acerbic. i wonder why? because he leaked the information. >> he's quoted as saying he wrote a memo to president obama, i can't find it here, but i can summarize it, where he basically says, sir, we're going to portray you his a reasonable person because you can't please both david brooks and paul krugman so we just have to choose. why not just go with the best policy? >> what about this rumor about this feud between reed and romney, mention that story? >> you like this one? >> i don't know if i like it. >> remember when senate majority leader reid suggested mitt romney hadn't paid his income taxes. the report it was none other than jon huntsman. and he said this book says he told harry reid that. now, the huntsman people are disputing that today. >> so far, nothing in the book is -- >> no, but what are they going to say, yes, i did it?
1:26am
maybe i'm just a geek. >> i think it makes sense. >> i've got to tell you, there's nothing sexier than a mormon feud. >> that's why i thought we had to let people know that "the five" is on top of it. >> next, model heidi klum is known for her stunning good looks and she's also known for great halloween costumes. this year, she did not disappoi disappoint.
1:27am
1:28am
1:29am
1:30am
all right, some foreign researchers published a study saying that owning a gun makes you racist. before i debunk this crap, let's see why they did this study.
1:31am
researcher carrie o'brien tells "the daily news," quote, there have already been research showing blacks are more likely to be shot so we thought there must be something happening between the concept of being black and some whites wanting guns. idiotic. somehow carrie manages not to finish his thought. blacks are more likely to be shot -- by other blacks. over 91% of blacks are murdered by other blacks. so even the premise is false. so i e-mailed gun expert john lott on the study and he found the racist findings were the say for both white and nonwhite. how can that be? this is nonsense. finally, legal gun ownership benefits blacks more than anyone. as lott points out, poor blacks in high crime areas are more likely to be crime victims. they need guns. and left wing efforts to impose large fees on gun ownership have resulted in hefty price tags to
1:32am
register unlicensed guns in cities like d.c., making guns a luxury for the rich and the white. who's racist now? if there's anything worse than bad science, it's really bad science. but what do you expect from these guys? they're probably in the -- >> um -- >> yeah, whatever. >> you know, that was a very, very good monologue. >> oh, thank you. you say that it's like surprising. >> it was so good. what else? there's no arguing with that. >> wait a second. what said he was right? on the big points, you were right. by the way, i'm so flat to hear you guys agreeing that black people are more likely to kill black people. white people are more likely to kill white people. let me tell you -- >> on this show, we have facts. >> we got to worry about these black people, they're very
1:33am
scary. >> who said that? >> you shouldn't have told my wife that. anyway, anyway, this business about who's most likely to own a gun, according to all opposed, it is a white man, even a white southern man. >> most likely, more whites own guns -- >> legally own guns. >> most likely. highest percentage of gun ownership. >> all right, could the -- >> but that's -- so? >> so what? >> but you're making -- you're not making a point. >> correlation. >> it's a correlation. >> no, of course, but if you were just saying percentage, what percentage of that group? it doesn't matter. >> can i make two points. if you're talking about the south, they're probably white people living in desolate areas who have to have a gun because the police take a long time to get out there. that could be a better explanation than just saying, oh, they're racist. that's the problem. >> that would be way too complicated for somebody in australia to work on.
1:34am
>> i believe they're more metro areas so i -- they don't have this with people out in the woods with guns. >> they had this herery. you can suggest a study to show whatever you want to show. i guess that means if you own a gun, guns equal racist. if you have a gun, you're racist. these guns are in the presence of, ooh, look, greg, political, this is someone who's the most racist of all. sitting in their cubicle saying, how can we show people who own guns are right wing racists? >> besides, he's from the further south. >> that's true, australia. >> so you want me to get a gun because i live in a black neighborhood in washington and i'm just telling you, the biggest danger would be that i'd shoot my old lady --
1:35am
>> wow. >> or she'd shoot me. >> i don't believe that because you would take -- you're a responsible citizen so you would take firearm lessons. you would go shooting at the range and you'd enjoy it. it's a nice stress release. it's the male version of knitting. why am i even talking at this point? an nfl player walks away from the miami dolphins which is a team, not an actual group of dolphins, after reports he was bullied by his teammates. jonathan martin was a no show at the game last night against the bengals. but made the offensive tackle snap -- >> he's a nice guy. >> he's a nice guy. >> it's a school of dolphins.
1:36am
1:37am
1:38am
1:39am
1:40am
last night, miami dolphins starting offensive lineman jonathan martin sat out the game. the reason, he was being bullied. when i first heard the story, my immediate reaction was the nfl style. but the details tell a completely different story. he was being hazed by his teammates. he was nicknamed big weirdo. when he sits down at the table, a fellow players in the cafeteria, they all get up and move to a different table. i'd say folks locker rooms and team cafeterias are tough places. shenanigans are the norm. but after months of this, it should stop. the young man was pushed to the brink. he's off the team right now. the team needs some serious butt kicking. coach philbin, get your team together. you read it and you're like, man up, martin. but he's being hazed. >> i felt terrible for him. i felt bad for sebelius at the
1:41am
hearings. i don't understand, like, the inmature behavior is incredible. i mean, you should see what greg does to me in the hallway. >> i read this story. i don't know any -- i don't know enough to make an opinion on this. i know that the media has a huge obsession with bullying stories. when the media grabs a story like this, i always know it's exaggerated and i do believe this story -- there's another side to this story. study suggests that bullies has remained constant and very few teens are impacted by bullying. although the stories that are tragic are played out more. i think there's something else going on here with a personality issue that we don't know about. >> perhaps. you know what's interesting? 6'5", 315 pounds and he can still be bullied. >> that's why i'm a little bit skeptical. he's an offensive lineman. 6'5". he's the bully on the field.
1:42am
so i find it hard to believe all a sudden he's a shrinking violet in the locker room. i think there's more to the story. even martin took to his facebook page. he said happy halloween. don't believe everything you read. teammates who seem to be supportive of him say, look, he has personal issues. maybe he just snapped. i just think talking to former nfl players, they say this is really, really rare. i mean, they razz each other. but this kind of stuff, i'm skeptical. >> the fact he's 6'5", about 15, that's nothing to do with it. you could be mentally weak and a giant. >> maybe he's mentally weak, too mentally weak ton play in the nfl, i don't know. i don't think any of this -- >> but he made the team, right? >> not only made the team, he started every time. he was a second round draft choice. >> that's my point. you have to have such mental strength to play that game and to be able to play at the highest level. that's why i'm just not buying
1:43am
all of a sudden this guy who has this fortitude on the field is, like, i'm being bullied. >> i totally believe it. people who have the biggest egos in the world and inside they're like a crumpled mess. >> is that directed at me? >> she looked right at you. >> can i just say something a lot of people don't say? i was bullied, but i also was a bully. everybody was a bully. everybody's been bullied. that's the nature of life. >> you know what -- >> -- the biggest bully -- >> i know -- unless i come here but let me just say, i know, eric actually played pro sports. i think people get bullied all the time. you rise above it. maybe you're right, something else is going on in this story. >> if he does need help, i hope they are trying to reach out. >> it's got to be bad. the guy walked. he said, i can't do this anymore. he's a starting nfl offensive lineman. still ahead, the associated press slams the
1:44am
self-proclaimed -- from blocking its photographer from the white house so it can put out staged propaganda photos like this one instead. before we go, shep has an update on the shooting at lax from the fox news deck. >> we reported earlier we now know who the suspect is. paul ciancia is his name. hess lists his residence in los angeles. cops have been there. this is his family home in pennsville, new jersey, not too far from philadelphia, in pennsylvania. and the cops are there talking to the family. and they're telling us now that they say the alleged shooter in the los angeles international airport shooting this morning, 23-year-old, was suicidal. that he talked to the family about suicide. that the father had tried to file a missing person's report. and that in the end he wasn't allowed to because his father -- his son was too old for that. at any rate, flights are now coming into los angeles international airport. this is flight tracker we're watching. this is a cafe specific flight
1:45am
in from hong kong that's being allowed to land. flipts are coming in and things are getting more back to normal in los angeles. more on the suspect, the family and the investigation as we
1:46am
1:47am
female narrator: the mattress price wars are ending soon the mattress price wars are ending soon at sleep train. we've challenged the manufacturers to offer even lower prices. now it's posturepedic versus beautyrest with big savings of up to $400 off. serta icomfort and tempur-pedic go head-to-head with three years' interest-free financing, plus free same-day delivery, setup, and removal of your old set. when brands compete, you save. mattress price wars ends soon at sleep train. ♪ your ticket to a better night's sleep ♪
1:48am
1:49am
welcome back. the associated press has taken a lot of pictures of president obama outside the white house but they don't get much access inside the oval office. the a.p.'s director of photography, santiago lyons, says his agency has only been allowed to photograph the president twice in his office. instead, the administration relies on pictures taken by its own photographer, pictures that lyon says amount to propaganda. let's look at some of these pictures. >> this isn't an official photo by the associated press, this is a photo taken outside. remember this infamous photo with president obama trying to convince the public at the time that doctors in the united states supported obama care. these doctors didn't show up in lab coats so they very graciously handed them a lab coat and staged a photo op to make it seem like, yes, doctors love this. as we talked about earlier, 40% of doctors are deciding if they
1:50am
even want to participate in the exchanges. i've staged press conferences when i was press secretary. >> you? >> yes, i have, i have. it seems like they do it more in this white house. >> dana, you're a pro at >> the photo journalists never get enough credit for being the journalists they are. they capture moments. they help us recognize history for all our lives. they're easy going guys. let them in, it's the easiest thing to do, say let the photogs in. it's 30 seconds. president obama never takes a bad picture. i understand why the a.p. is complaining. my favorite staged photo was this one of bush. i believe it was karen hughes who gave him the book called media bias, and as he walked out, he held it just perfectly so everybody could get a picture of it. >> greg, you like any of these pictures? >> i thought long and favorite
1:51am
about the picture i thought best reflected who i thought president obama, you know, was in speared. i came up with this one. oh. sorry, i made a mistake. i made a mistake. can we get the actual picture? there you go. >> that's karl marx. >> yeah. >> well, look. now i come to the big man, mr. photographer himself. >> dana says president obama doesn't take a bad picture. i have a couple unofficial photos of president obama. >> mom jeans. >> i got another one. next one. there he is with the mom jeans, throwing like a girl. >> ooh. >> ooh. those are a.p. photos. >> there's a larger point here. there's too little access to president obama. they protect this guy like he was somehow going to explode if he gets -- and it's not only the press, because dana is right. most times, the photos help the
1:52am
politicians. but this is a larger complaint about -- >> access. >> the congress. the congress says they never see the guy. the response that comes back from the white house is, looking he has two young children, he wants to spend time, have dinner, go to their soccer games. you're the president. you've got to do the job. you've got to play the game. that's the only way you're going to get these things done. >> he should do a selfie like giraldo? >> what, don't listen to him. don't listen to this guy. >> brilliant, actually. >> this is crazy. can you put up the first picture you put up in the oval office with biden over there on the side? can you scroll back to that? is that possible to do? can we? >> maybe not. there it is. >> they staged that, right? so help me out. >> i don't think they staged it, said mr. president -- >> put your left leg up. joe, look like you're busy. do something, and mr. president, point your finger because it looks like --
1:53am
>> we've already seen as much as gerouldo. he was half naked in the martha's vineyard picture. >> at least it didn't have mission accomplished behind it. >> you can't do that. you're a bad guest. >> you're a bad guest?
1:54am
1:55am
1:56am
1:57am
it's that magical time. one more thing. dana, kick it off. >> okay, so i am haveing a beckl moment. i said governor jon huntsman was behind the leaks about the taxes in the 2012 campaign. the rumor in the book is it was jon huntsman, sr., the former governor's father. both of those things have been debunked by the family. i apologize to my producer for making fun of his song choices all week. >> that was very beckel of you. >> very bobbish, although it was sincere. >> greg? >> i haven't banned a phrase in a while. debacle. so many other words we can use. great disaster, catastrophe, calamity, complete failure, fiasco, and my favorite, obama. that's an obama. whew, check out that obama. >> you got obamaed. you're an obama. >> bork became a verb. >> you could start something right here.
1:58am
>> all right. >> eric. >> okay, hosting o'reilly tonight, but cashing in tomorrow morning for a big interview with glen greenwald. i asked him if president obama regarding the nsa was uninformed or misinformed. >> inquestion is, do you think president obama was misinformed or uninformed? >> i think neither. i think he was informed but chose to tell the public things that he knew to be false. >> and then we go on and on. 11:30 tomorrow morning. >> cashing in. your turn, juan. >> it's the day after. the day after halloween. and we have to pick a winner for best costume, and the winner is -- >> heidi klum. 40-year-old heidi klum. >> wow. >> looking like a 100-year-old unbelievable. because she is gorgeous. of course, i think she's a gorgeous 100-year-old woman. that's unbelievable. >> juan, you're allowing her to walk around in old face. >> what's wrong with that? what are you upset with? >> agest.
1:59am
>> i must tell you, though, my granddaughters, my 1-year-old granddaughters were dressed at cat and mouse, so i think actually maybe they're better looking. >> do you have a picture? >> i didn't have a picture. >> if you followed rafi williams on stwiter -- >> we'll have juan tweet a picture out. >> i rarely plead the audience for anything, but i'm deg to do it today. if you know someone who lives in new york or the five boroughs, check out john lodda. he's fantastic, and he would make a great mayor. call them up, tell them to get out and vote for joe. he's running against this man names bill de blasio, this european socialist. he's going to throw new york city back into the doldrumser make it unsafe to live here, and all the experiments they try in new york city, this is where they copy them and put them in your town.
2:00am
>> you're the best thing about next wednesday. these commercials will be off the air. >> that's it for us on "the five." have a great weekend. "special report" up next. tag # t# # kelly file. thanks for watching. today, health insurance reform becomes law in the united states of america. >> the affordable care act was to be his greatest live achievement. according to a report only sigs people signed up for obama care on day one. >> the website wasn't working on october 1. that's a dog bites man story. >> with this change with insurance possibly going the way it will go and the medical field changing. >> our week-long series on the missed obama care warning signs continues. >> i don't know if i would be talking to you now. >> "hannity" starts right here, right now. welcome to "hannity." tonight for the hour

Terms of Use (10 Mar 2001)